Fourth DUI in Gwinnett County
If convicted of a 4th DUI in Gwinnett County, you are facing a felony conviction. The penalties for a fourth DUI are significant, and your case requires the expertise of an experienced Gwinnett County Fourth DUI Attorney. We have former prosecutors on our team that were trained by the same people prosecuting your case. We can help you avoid the serious DUI penalties associated with a fourth DUI in Georgia. Call now for a free case evaluation.
Penalties for Fourth DUI Conviction in Gwinnett County
When convicted of a fourth DUI charge in 10 years, the penalties are harsh and numerous. The penalties include:
- Prison term up to 5 years
- Mandatory minimum incarceration of at least 90 days to 1 year.
- 10 Year license Suspension (possible permit with ignition interlock after 2 years)
- Limited permit (if granted will last for the remainder of 8 years)
- Fines between $1000 - $5000
- 480 hours of community service (60 full, 8 hour days) ( unless serving a minimum of 3 years prison )
- Surrender of License Plate
- 17 weeks of Alcohol and drug counseling
- Mandatory Treatment DUI Court Programs -Court Supervised Intensive Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Publication of Photo in the local newspaper
- Additional consequences with having a felony on your permanent record
The important thing to remember is that these penalties only apply if you are convicted of a fourth DUI in Gwinnett County. Remember a charge is not the same as a conviction! There are also DUI defenses we can use to defend your case Including challenging the reason that your were stopped, probable cause for your arrest, the violation of of your implied consent rights, the actual arrest procedure, and the challenge to the accuracy of the chemical test given in your case. We can also challenge the accuracy and interpretation of the field sobriety tests used in your case. There are numerous ways our DUI Attorneys in Gwinnett County can fight for your rights. Contact us today.
Call Us Now
If you have been pulled over for your fourth DUI, contact our Gwinnett County DUI Lawyers immediately. We have decades of experience defending DUI charges and understand what it takes to reach a successful outcome in your case. Our attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including nights and weekends. Call us today.