To what Court am I going?

Posted by Richard Lawson | Jun 26, 2010 | 0 Comments

Most people who call the office tell me that they received a DUI in Gwinnett County.  In fact, 50% of the cases in Gwinnett County originate within a municipality. In those instances, your case will not begin in Gwinnett County Recorders Court.  It will begin in Duluth Municipal Court, Suwanee Municipal Court, Lawrenceville Municipal Court, Buford Municipal Court, Dacula Municipal Court, Grayson Municipal Court, Lilburn Municipal Court, Norcross Municipal Court, Snellville Municipal Court, Sugar Hill Municipal Court, Berkeley Lake Municipal Court, and Rest Haven Municipal Court.  The other 50% of cases will originate in the Recorders Court of Gwinnett County or the State Court of Gwinnett County.  Each jurisdiction has its own customs and procedures.  So, it is important to have an attorney familiar with how cases are handled throughout Gwinnett County.  

About the Author

Richard Lawson

Richard S. Lawson is passionate about intoxicated driving defense. Unlike some attorneys, Mr. Lawson devotes 100% of his legal practice to helping people stand up for their rights against DUI charges. For more than 20 years, Mr. Lawson has dutifully fought for his clients' freedom, resolving more 4,900 impaired driving cases during the course of his career. Today, Mr. Lawson has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator and continues to help clients by fighting to keep them out of jail.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment